Switzerland

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

37.5 Week Update

Wow, only 2.5 weeks until Jackson's due date!! I am beyond excited and so ready for him to get here!! I had an appointment on Monday and as the doctor was listening to Jack's heartbeat he said nonchalantly, "Looks like you're having a contraction." I was shocked and excited…I said, "What?? But it doesn't hurt?!" He said, "Well, you're lucky then…maybe you'll have an easy labor!" After thinking about the way the contraction felt for a while, I realized that I've been having them here and there for a while…I just didn't know it was a contraction. 

So as of Monday I am 1 centimeter dilated and 50% effaced. I had lots of contractions throughout the night last night…when I would wake up to use the restroom (which was often) I would either wake up to a contraction or get one on the way to the bathroom. And when lying in bed if I changed positions it seemed like that would bring on another contraction. So far today I have had them off and on but it doesn't seem to be getting closer together or more intense so I guess it's just my body prepping itself. It's exciting though…I'm sure I won't be thinking that when it gets more intense, lol! 

Jackson could come any day now…I'm hoping sooner than later! :) His movements are a lot stronger now…and he kicks and pushes against the contractions. Poor little guy…he's running out of room in there! Oh, and I've been feeling him practice breathing…it's so neat! I didn't even know babies did that in the womb, but apparently they do. I've been feeling it for a while but just didn't know what it was until I read about it. It is very rhythmic like hiccups but not as jerky. According to what I've read, babies practice breathing with the amniotic fluid…then the contractions sort of squeeze the water out of their lungs during birth. Very interesting!

So the last few days I've been cooking freezer meals and cleaning the house like crazy. After I finished up today I had a talk with Jackson and told him everything was ready now so he can come on out! We will see what happens! :)

Here's a few pics of me at 37 weeks with my handsome husband! 






So as I said in my last blog post…I've been working on many projects around the house. Here's a before and after of one of the projects…our headboard. It started out as a piece of plywood. Here's where I was measuring the cutouts I wanted and figuring out where I wanted the buttons. 


I then had my wonderful husband (who surprisingly really got into this project) cut out the design and drill the button holes. I used a memory foam mattress topper as the padding and stapled it all around the board. I covered it with another layer of thin foam. 


I found a beautiful gray linen curtain at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and used that as the fabric (none of the craft stores around here had what I wanted). It wasn't quite big enough though so I used black fabric at the bottom to compensate (which no one will see as it will be behind the mattress). 


I made some buttons out of the scrap pieces of the curtain. I really enjoyed making them…it was surprisingly fun to me! I got the button making tools from JoAnn's…it was really easy.


I then used a long needle and sewed the buttons on. I didn't go all the way down with the buttons since it won't be seen. And here's the finished headboard (I must have pulled the fabric on the right side more than the left side when stapling since it's a tad crooked…but nobody will see it!).


Adam mounted it to the wall and now we feel like we have a bed fit for a King! (Don't mind my hospital bags to the right!)


Can't wait to put Jackson in that little playpen! That's most likely where he will be sleeping the first few months…right next to me! :)


And since I said I'd show pics of the house…here's the living room. 


We extended the travel theme from Jackson's room to the living room too. The canvases are pictures I took on my trip to Europe 2 years ago.


This canvas is of Alaska…I love this one!


Nice big kitchen…I love the counter space in here. It really came in handy the last few days as I was cooking the freezer meals!


Adam's office is still a work in progress, but it's getting there. 


Excuse the crooked pic and the lack of pillowcases on the pillows, but here's the guest room…ready and waiting for our guests to arrive when Jackson decides to make his appearance. 


So that's the tour…our first little home! I love it and can't wait to make many wonderful memories here!

No comments:

Post a Comment