Switzerland

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Old Olympus vs New Canon


I finally upgraded and bought a Canon Rebel T3i and an awesome lens (50mm 1:1.4)!!! Whoo hoo, I am soooo excited to have a Canon, but I am even more excited about the lens! I decided to put the Canon and new lens to the test against my old Olympus. Wow, the Canon and new lens took the lead with little effort! I highly recommend getting the 50mm 1:1.4 lens!!!

Here are just a few examples of how my new Canon rocked it!


The Olympus and Canon were set at maximum exposure with a shutter speed of 1/4000 and ISO 400.



 The settings were maximum exposure, shutter speed 1/80, and ISO 400.



 Wow, I can't believe the difference in these pictures!!! For years I had been so frustrated when taking photographs indoors...all this time it was the lens.





The last three pictures were all taken at maximum exposure, 1/80 shutter speed, and ISO 400. Huge difference in the veil...amazing!



I shot the first two pictures with both cameras at the exact same settings (aperture 4.5, shutter speed 1/1000, ISO 400). Even with the same settings, the Canon still beats the Olympus! Wow! I am just beyond thrilled with my new camera and lens! I can't wait to use my new Canon during photoshoots, I will be posting pics soon!

4 comments:

  1. Yay=D=D=D! i am so beyond happy and excited for you! i know you will have so much fun with your new cam and lens (my dream lens). you're probably wondering how you could've lived without it all this time lol. yes, what a difference between the pictures indeed! this'll broaden your photography horizons for sure=) can't wait to see more of your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nelly, send this to Canon and they might post it on their website! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that vase! can't wait for my photos this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cool Danielle!! What a big difference.......

    ReplyDelete